Wilson Partners Limited Privacy Notice under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation
Being transparent and providing accessible information to individuals about how we will use their personal data is a key element of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is important to our organisation. The following are details on how we collect data and what we will do with it..
This document should be read in conjunction with our Statement of Policy on GDPR as this will provide further information about our commitment to and compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. This Statement can be found on our website or you can obtain a copy by contacting us at [email protected]
Wilson Partners Limited act as Data Controller under the EU GDPR. Our data protection compliance officer is Chris Wilson and our contact details are Wilson Partners Limited, 5A Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire. SL6 4UY. Telephone: (01628) 770770. Email: [email protected]
Information we may collect
We will collect Personal Data on clients, contacts, prospective clients and employees. Data collected may include (but is not limited to): individuals’ contact details, date of birth, email address, marital status, National Insurance number, tax reference, bank account details, identification documents for money laundering purposes, financial and pay details, educational background, details of certificates and diplomas, education and skills, nationality, job title and CV.
Who collects this data
Wilson Partners Limited (WPL) will collect this data.
How it is collected
WPL will collect data in a variety of ways. This will include:
- Information provided directly by an individual through email, meetings, questionnaires, online forms etc.
- Information provided by a previous accountant or employer
Why it is being collected
We hold personal data about our employees, clients, suppliers and other individuals for a variety of business purposes.
Business purposes may be personnel, administrative, financial, regulatory, payroll and business development purposes. This includes the following:
- Compliance with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- Gathering information as part of investigations by regulatory bodies or in connection with legal proceedings or requests
- Utilising data in the provision of our services such as preparing tax computations / returns and payroll
- Ensuring business policies are adhered to (such as policies covering email and internet use)
- Operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control, ensuring the confidentiality of commercially sensitive information, security vetting, credit scoring and checking
- Investigating complaints
- Checking references, ensuring safe working practices, monitoring and managing staff access to systems and facilities and staff absences, administration and assessments
- Monitoring staff conduct, disciplinary matters
- Marketing our business
- Improving services
How it will be used
- Information will be used to fulfil our performance obligations under a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
- Information will also be used for the communication of relevant information to clients, contacts and employees such as newsletters, articles, announcements and other items relevant to accountancy, tax, business advisory and corporate finance services. Personal Data will only be used for this purpose where specific consent has been obtained from the Data Subject or where a legitimate business interest exists
Who it will be shared with
WPL will only share information where it is necessary under the performance of a contract or under a legal obligation. Information may be shared with:
- HMRC and other government bodies e.g Companies House
- A new accountant
- A new employer
- Interested parties in respect of our Corporate Finance engagements including financial due diligence, acquisitions and sale mandates
- WP Audit Limited, a related company which provides audit services to our clients
- Wilson Chambers Limited and other third parties where individuals have requested and authorised us to make an introduction of their behalf
Transfers to other countries
The GDPR contains provisions protecting the transfer of personal data outside the European Union. Under the Regulations data may be transferred where the organisation and country involved have provided adequate safeguards. Any data transferred outside the EEA will be in accordance with the Regulations
The period data is retained will vary depending on the legal requirement under the contract with the data subject and our own regulatory requirements. In relation to clients and former clients, that period would be no less than 7 years from the point our contract ceases with the client.
Get in touch
Whether you're setting up, growing or selling your business, if you want award winning accountancy, business and tax advice call us on 01628 770 770 or complete our enquiry form: