At the early stage of the business, there is usually the need for some initial financing. Depending on its proposition the funding comes from family and friends, banks, business angels, venture capital, asset based lenders, hedge funds or traditional private equity.
We have advised and raised equity and debt on many young businesses ranging from £500k to £70m, which is rare in the current market and demonstrates our Directors expertise and credibility with funders.
Having worked with many start-ups and early stage businesses our approach combines business strategy with corporate finance to position your business to achieve the right mix of funding.
We are passionate about working with start-up and early stage businesses because:
- We are deeply connected in the equity and debt market dealing with young businesses
- We may be able to fund your business in a non-dilutive way
- We see ourselves as a partner. We only work with a few Early Stage businesses a year so you can be assured if we are working together we share the same enthusiasm to help make your business a success
- We recognise that ultimately you need the money to exploit and grow your business to build your equity value
- We continue our relationship with you beyond the fundraising as this is just the start of your business journey. The most important stage is now building your equity value!
Our work typically covers a number of stages including:
- Advising on strategy and overall feasibility of the business to achieve funding
- Advising and developing business plans, investment memorandums and financial forecast models in a form acceptable and required by different types of investors.
- Advise on the optimal financial and tax structure and protections for management, shareholders and the continuing business
- Select appropriate Debt and Equity partners from our extensive network and negotiate the best structure and deal for you to preserve your equity
- Project manage the entire deal from start through to completion
Get in touch
Whether you're setting up, growing or selling your business, if you want award winning accountancy, business and tax advice call us on 01628 770 770 or complete our enquiry form: