The Prince Philip Trust Fund makes a real difference to the quality of life of people from communities across the extensive area of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
Established in 1977 as a grant-giving trust, they have a particular focus on support towards disability, health, the elderly, families, children and young people, those in social need and the arts. One of the Royal Borough’s best kept secrets, they are behind a number of key charity events in the area including:
- The Windsor Half Marathon
- Windsor Jaguar Car Festival
- Ascot Race Day
Patronised by H.R.H. The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and Chaired by H.R.H The Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex The Prince Philip Trust Fund has distributed over £2m in funds across 1600 causes in their 40 years’ establishment.
Wilson Partners has long maintained strong relations with The Prince Philip Trust Fund, indeed our Director, Ross Wilson, has been involved with the Trust since it was set up in 1977 and has been a Trustee and Treasurer for many years.
Daisy’s Dream supports children and their families who have been affected by the life threatening illness or bereavement of someone close to them.
They offer a flexible service which is tailored to meet the individual needs of each child and their family. This may include:
- Telephone support and advice for parents/carers/professionals
- Home and school visits for the child or young person
- Group events
- Training for associated professionals
Wilson Partners has decided to be a chapter within Daisy’s Dream’s journey. We thought the purpose of Daisy’s Dream is extremely valuable to children and/or their families. We will be involved in some of the events organised by the charity, whether individually or as a team.
- Windsor Racecourse Monday 2nd May 2016 – one of the biggest events for Daisy’s Dream this year. Despite the weather, we all had a great day supporting those in need. Daisy’s Dream raised over £1,700 what we think is a great result! Thank you to all who supported in any way!
- Reading Half Marathon 3rd April 2016 – as a keen runner, our Finance Manager Katie participated in this year’s half marathon. She was also supporting Daisy’s Dream and raised £420! Well done Katie and again, thank you to those who donated.
- Zoe’s Ring of Kerry Cycle – Our outsourcing manager Zoe cycled 180 km around the Ring of Kerry on Saturday 2nd July 2016. She was fundraising for Pieta House. Legs were a little sore but she’s done it! Well done!
- Royal Windsor Racecourse Gung-Ho 10th September 2016 – Zoe is on the case again! This time, she is supporting Daisy’s Dream by taking part in a 5k inflatable obstacle course. Looks like a great fun!
Get in touch
Whether you're setting up, growing or selling your business, if you want award winning accountancy, business and tax advice call us on 01628 770 770 or complete our enquiry form: